Braces Treatment In Seawoods, Navi Mumbai
WHAT IS A BRACES TREATMENT?
There are dental conditions such as improperly aligned teeth, crowded or unevenly spaced teeth, protruding teeth, extra or missing teeth, misaligned jaws which require braces treatment, also known as orthodontic treatment.
Teeth alignment can be corrected by two methods-
● A traditional treatment known as braces which are fixed on the teeth
● Aligner which is removable appliance
Braces, work as holders for the wire. They are fixed onto the teeth and a wire is passed through them. Due to the movement of the wire, slowly and steadily the teeth are brought into alignment. The braces treatment will be monitored closely by your orthodontist every month. The orthodontist adjusts or changes the wire on the teeth during every visit. Depending on the initial problem, braces may need to be kept in place from six months to three years and missing your appointments may lead to a delay in overall treatment time.
After fixing the braces or during a change of the wire at monthly appointments, you might experience mild pain or a few ulcers. This is because your mouth needs some time to adjust to the braces. In about 2-3 days, your mouth would adjust to these new changes, and all the problems disappear.
After the braces treatment is completed, your orthodontist will give you a retainer appliance to hold your teeth in their new place. It is important to wear this simple removable appliance after the braces treatment, for the duration advised by your orthodontist.
The braces are a journey to your beautiful smile which are well worth your time because the changes are natural and long-lasting.
At Ivory Dental Clinic, we use various types of braces such as metal braces, ceramic (tooth-coloured) braces & lingual braces. Also, we are amongst the few dental clinics that have an option of invisible braces treatment in Nerul.
ADVANCED CASES WHERE BRACES ARE USED
Let us understand the different teeth formations and how these issues can be corrected with orthodontic treatments using braces.
⮚ Adult dentition
Adult dentition is a stage where the primary teeth are replaced by the permanent teeth aiding in appearance, speech, and digestion. This phase might result in different conditions that can be corrected by braces.
● These are haphazardly grown teeth that can lead to poor oral hygiene and can also lead to Dental Caries (Cavities).
● An improper bite would affect chewing pattern and efficiency.
● Crooked teeth can lead to periodontal problems like bleeding gums, halitosis (bad breath) and Tooth Mobility (premature movement and loss of teeth).
● If the teeth formation is irregular, then it can also cause calculus deposits leading to yellow teeth.
● Proclined Teeth (forwardly placed) can lead to a more convex profile and posteriorly displaced chin.
● Open Bite is the spacing between teeth that can cause speech problems.
⮚ Mixed dentition
This is a stage marked by a combination of both temporary and permanent teeth. Wearing braces at this stage should ideally take care of conditions like –
● Jaw growth disorders- can be corrected non-invasively which might otherwise require surgical correction at a later stage.
● Treatment of crooked teeth.
When your upper front teeth overlap with an excess of 2mm over your lower front teeth, it is called an overbite.
It is a condition where your upper teeth lie towards the cheek side in comparison to your lower teeth. Crossbite is a condition in which the lower teeth overlap on the upper teeth.
⮚ Open Bite:
When your upper teeth fail to overlap your lower teeth, the condition is called an open bite.
⮚ Misplaced Midline:
This is a condition in which the centre of your upper front teeth does not line up with the centre of your lower front teeth.
In certain situations, adult teeth do not show spaces between them. When there is a jaw- tooth size mismatch or a case of missing teeth, the unnatural spacing between teeth needs orthodontic correction using braces.
Crowding of teeth can cause many dental issues like cavities, food lodging, gum infections and poor aesthetics. This condition needs orthodontic treatment.
⮚ Forwardly placed teeth:
Due to improper jaw development, the lower or upper teeth can appear protruding forward and need to be corrected for aesthetics as well as for avoiding further dental issues.
HOW DOES ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT WORK IN SMALL JAW SIZE OR DENTITION?
When there is a mismatch in jaw size and tooth size, e.g., when the jaw size is smaller and teeth size is bigger, the jaw is unable to accommodate all the teeth. This leads to the crookedness of teeth or teeth appearing out of the lips.
In such cases, to push the teeth back or to correct the overlapping of teeth, the dentists need to create spaces in the jaws to accommodate all the teeth. If the patient’s age is below 13 years, then there is a high chance that by using growth modifying appliances, we can create the necessary space by increasing the size of the jaws. It is like telling your child to hang on the bar or cycle more often to increase their height.
These appliances work by helping the jaws grow more proportionately and in proper alignment to fit in all the teeth properly. This is the reason why it is important to start the braces treatment at an early age because the jaw growth can be stimulated in the correct direction and fit in all the teeth naturally, without any trimming or removal.
If the child’s growth is completed when they seek treatment, and no more jaw growth can be achieved, then reducing the number of teeth or slightly trimming the teeth can be the best option to fit all the teeth in the jaw.
This is when we will suggest removing certain accessory teeth to create space in the jaws. By creating this space, the rest of the teeth are moved in this space, so that all teeth fit properly and align well. After the treatment is over, there will not remain any extra space in the jaws.
THE BENEFIT OF HAVING CORRECT TEETH ALIGNMENT AND BRACES
Correct teeth alignment using braces can solve a lot of future issues including –
● Proper chewing of food
● Improvement of speech
● Better dental hygiene
● Reduced risk of cavities and gum diseases
● Reduced grinding of teeth
● Corrects protrusion of teeth
● Improves smile for better confidence and self-esteem
COST OF BRACES
Brace’s treatment can dramatically change the way you look. The cost of braces treatment or orthodontic treatment in Ivory Dental Clinic, Seawoods Navi Mumbai depends on the severity of the problem and the selection of braces material.
Cost is a major factor in choosing the type of braces and treatment. The cost of braces differs from a case-to-case basis depending on the amount of work to be done as well as the different types of braces one might choose and the treatment plan.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF BRACES
⮚ Metal Conventional Braces:
Metal braces are the most commonly seen and used. Now we have smaller and compact braces as compared to earlier. These braces have wires running through them as well as a rubber band. These rubber bands tighten the wires, and the body heat moves the teeth quickly and less painfully. Metal braces can be adapted to patients of any age.
⮚ Metal Self Ligating Braces
The metal self-ligating braces come with a shutter or lock system and do not require elastic rubber bands to tie the wire. They are therefore easy to clean. Metal self-ligating braces are more comfortable and smaller in size as compared to traditional braces. These braces are especially helpful in achieving an arch expansion as well as minimize the need for extraction.
These are advanced metallic braces and are at least 30% faster than traditional metallic braces.
⮚ Ceramic Braces
Ceramic braces are like traditional metal braces, but they are tooth colour and therefore naturally blend with your teeth. Even the rubber bands are tooth coloured and make it less conspicuous. Ceramic braces are usually preferred by older teenagers and adults.
Ceramic braces come in 2 variants –
● Basic Ceramic Braces
● Self-Ligating Ceramic Braces
⮚ Lingual Braces
The lingual braces are heavy metal strips that are placed behind the teeth. The brackets are customised and prepared using 3D designing in CAD/CAM. The treatment is very aesthetic and less visible. However, during the treatment, the patient might experience slight speech difficulties.
Clear Aligners are made from medical grade plastic in the shape of trays that do not require any braces or wire. They are invisible, hence aesthetically taken care of and equally good for adults and children who want to go for orthodontic treatment. Aligners or transparent braces are comfortable and hygienic and also hide existing gaps.
You can call us to know more about the best orthodontic treatments in Nerul.
DO’S AND DON’TS WITH BRACES
● Try to avoid sticky food
● If you play a sport, make use of a mouthguard
● Brush after every meal and do not leave any food on your braces
● Visit your dentist for follow-up
● Do not chew hard food and ice
● Avoid biting your fingernails
● Do not forget to floss
● Restrict sugary and carbonated drinks
FAQS FOR BRACES
1. What is the right time to get braces?
The youngest age to have a braces treatment is 7 years. There is no upper limit for braces if you have good and strong teeth. There are different orthodontic treatments available for all ages.
We provide dental treatment for kids in Seawoods.
2.How to go about orthodontic treatment?
Our orthodontist will ask to take different dental x-rays including –
● Full mouth X-Ray
● Lateral profile X-Ray for facial, dental, and skeletal evaluation.
After checking the x-rays and physically evaluating your teeth, the orthodontist will devise a treatment plan. The duration of treatment and cost will be explained in a detailed quotation.
3.Is teeth extraction required for Orthodontic treatment?
Not all orthodontic treatments require teeth extraction. Teeth are extracted only when there is not much space in the jawline to move or align the teeth. Hence the teeth are extracted to make space. The orthodontist will completely evaluate your case and then suggest if the extraction is required or not.
4.What should a detailed orthodontic treatment plan include?
Detailed orthodontic treatment is carried out in two phases-
● The Active phase – where the actual treatment occurs
● The Retention Phase – where the aligned teeth are retained in their position using retainers
Your orthodontist might use either fixed or removable appliances or a combination of both depending on a case-to-case basis. These appliances are used to refrain muscles, move the teeth, as well as enhance jaw growth. Myofunctional appliances are special appliances used in kids to direct jaw growth.
During your orthodontic treatment, your orthodontist will also take care of any emergencies and special care required.
At Ivory Dental Clinic, we provide painless dentistry for kids in Seawoods.
CLEAR ALIGNERS/ INVISIBLE BRACES
WHAT ARE ALIGNERS OR INVISIBLE BRACES?
Aligners have revolutionized the way the teeth are aligned and made the journey to a beautiful smile extremely comfortable as well in control of the patient.
Aligners are fabricated using highly flexible and comfortable polyurethane materials to fit precisely onto the teeth. These are tailored and customized to your teeth and smile. Aligner technology is much more advanced than regular braces treatment.
This orthodontic treatment does not require wires, brackets, and rubber bands. Modern dentistry has come a far way and offers dental solutions that are not only highly effective but also aesthetic. Wearing clear aligners can save you the trouble and pain of having metallic or ceramic braces.
Clear braces are transparent trays that hold the teeth and help in shifting and straightening the teeth in a proper position and shape. Clear braces are highly effective as metallic or ceramic braces, minus the pain and effort. It is only higher on the cost factor and thus not much in demand.
The clear aligners can be worn and removed anytime unlike the normal braces.
HOW DOES AN ALIGNER WORK?
The custom-made clear aligners are created to move teeth very snuggly and slowly towards the desired alignment. The entire process is digitally mapped along with the future projections of the final result.
The aligners do not create any speech problem, as well as do not interfere with your normal eating and drinking as they can be easily removed.
HOW TO PROCURE A CLEAR ALIGNER?
Clear aligners are made fitting to a specific size by the use of the latest 3D printing and CAD/CAM technology. The process for gaining the correct size for the aligners is –
● Your dentist or orthodontist has to check if your teeth can be treated with aligners.
● The patient’s teeth are scanned by an intra-oral scanner for taking exact teeth impressions. Intra-oral scanners take exact impressions of the teeth and create a 3D model.
● The 3D model is then used with CAD design software to create a case-specific treatment plan, depending on the current alignment of the teeth. A series of steps that shows enhancement in the teeth alignment is worked, which the orthodontist considers as a treatment map towards achieving the desired result.
● The 3D printed model is then vacuum formed with PETG or PU transparent sheet to manufacture the aligners.
● The orthodontist then bonds attachments that are nodules on the teeth that are made of composite resin. This process is done to snuggly tighten the aligners over the teeth.
● The different aligners marking the treatment map are provided to the patient and need to be changed every 10-15 days depending on the progress.
● A patient will on average require 25-40 sets of aligners all through the treatment to achieve the desired result.
For invisible braces treatment in Nerul reach out to us at Ivory Dental Clinic.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TRADITIONAL BRACES & CLEAR ALIGNERS
Clear aligners are easy to use and unlike normal braces that depend on brackets and wires. The normal braces need a monthly follow-up with the dentist and the clear aligners do not require regular follow-up. However, the other differences are-
Not very distinct
Removable and wearable on your own
Can cause abrasions
Very comfortably fitting on the teeth
Difficult to maintain oral hygiene
Easy to maintain oral hygiene
A longer time than clear aligners
Shorter time than regular braces
TAKING CARE OF YOUR ALIGNERS
Aligners are comfortable as compared to regular braces, but you need to see that this comfort is maintained by following some regular steps. Your orthodontist will give you guidelines about maintaining your smile as well as caring for it. You have to keep wearing the aligners for a minimum of 20 hours per day to get the desired result.
● Ensure to remove your aligners while brushing, flossing & eating. Make sure you never have them on especially while consuming anything hot.
● Keep your aligners clean and brush them regularly as you brush your teeth.
● Keep them safe and clean in a box given by your orthodontist.
POST ALIGNER TREATMENT CARE
● Make sure post your aligner treatment is done, to switch to retainers, as your orthodontist would suggest maintaining the straightened teeth in place. If you are wearing retainers, there is a tendency for the teeth to return to their earlier position. Therefore, for permanent alignment, it is important to wear retainers.
● Take special care of your food habits. Your teeth might be sensitive post-treatment, therefore avoid consuming crunchy or hard food.
● Maintain your oral hygiene by brushing your teeth twice a day as well as flossing.
● Visit your dentist regularly every six months to ensure that your smile remains intact.
HOW MUCH DO INVISIBLE ALIGNERS COST?
Clear aligners might differ in price from a case-to-case patient as well as your dentist and their dental office locality. Clear aligners come in a price range of 60,000 to 4,00,000/-. They give the freedom to use and remove, unlike normal braces.
If you find the price high, you can also speak to your dentist about EMI options for the treatment. Call us to know the orthodontic treatment cost in Nerul.
FAQS FOR CLEAR ALIGNERS
Q.1. Are there any side-effects of the treatment?
No. Aligners are one of the safest treatments and there have negligible chances of irritation and discomfort. Most patients get accustomed to aligners within 2-3 days.
Q.2.Are teeth straightening recommended only done for a great smile?
Teeth straightening leads to a great smile, but having your teeth aligned will help in the maintenance of good oral health.
Q.3. Are the clear aligners for anyone?
Clear aligners are not for anyone and everyone. Your dentist will have to look into your case to suggest if clear aligners would work for you.
It is adapted for adults and teenagers. Children’s jawline is growing, and delicate and thus clear aligners cannot be used on children.
If you are looking forward to getting your braces treatment done at an affordable cost in Navi Mumbai, then feel free to get in touch with us.